New partnership with YouthPower
April 2015- April 2020
USAID YouthPower Learning generates and disseminates knowledge about the implementation and impact of positive youth development (PYD) and cross-sectoral approaches in international development. The project leads research, evaluations, and events designed to build the evidence base.Concurrently, YouthPower Learningemploys expertise in learning and knowledge sharing to promote engagement and inform the global community about how to successfully help transition young people into productive, healthy adults.
YouthPower Learning supports the implementation of the 2012 USAID Youth in Development Policy to improvecapacity and enablethe aspirations of youth so that they can contribute to, and benefit from, more stable, democratic, and prosperous communities.The projectalso responds to USAID’s renewed call for unbiased impact and performance evaluations of the agency’s programs, as well as for increased use of research to improveprogram planning and results. The projectis jointly funded by USAID’s Bureau for Global Health and the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief; USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment; and USAID’s Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance.
Making Cents International leads YouthPower Learning, in collaboration with its partners the International Center for Research on Women; Palladium (formerly Development & Training Services); Results for Development Institute; Khulisa Management Services; Social Development Research Group at the University of Washington; Royal Children’s Hospital Academic Centre at the University of Melbourne; Young Americas Business Trust, and the India-based YP Foundation.
- Create and manage YouthPower.org – the premier learning hub for enhanced knowledge – sharing on PYD and cross-sectoral programming;
- Foster an inclusive, demand-driven learning network and communities of practice to improve skills, practices, and partnerships around international cross-sectoral PYD;
- Develop indicators and related toolsto bridge gaps across sectors and establish common measures to contribute to a comprehensive PYD framework;
- Produce the definitive global meta-review of PYD literature to expand on the existing evidence base; and
- Provide evidence and evaluation support through buy-ins to USAID using assessment, evaluation, research, learning, and project design technical assistance.
For public inquires and additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Making Cents International, 1350Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 410, Washington, DC 20036.