Young Americas Business Trust (YABT) es una organización internacional sin fines de lucro que trabaja en cooperación con la Organización de los Estados Americanos (OEA), para promover el desarrollo social y económico de los jóvenes de todo el mundo. Mientras construyen la capacidad empresarial y crean oportunidades para los futuros líderes empresariales, la comunidad YABT avanza los objetivos globales y fortalece las iniciativas dirigidas por los jóvenes para el desarrollo sostenible.
YABT trabaja con jóvenes, gobiernos, organizaciones internacionales, el sector privado y otros actores globales en el empoderamiento de la juventud, para convertirse en:
Liderazgo: Conectando jóvenes emprendedores y organizaciones nacionales en una comunidad vibrante de actores locales apoyando el desarrollo de la juventud, la participación ciudadana, oportunidades de aprendizaje e intercambios, para formar una nueva generación de líderes de negocios responsables.
Habilidades Empresariales y Entrenamientos: Enfatizar la experiencia práctica para generar un espíritu emprendedor y fomentar la innovación en los jóvenes, una vez que los motiva y los guía a través de una experiencia empresarial de "la vida real".
Competencias: Las competencias de YABT operan como plataformas de aceleración empresarial en las que los jóvenes emprendedores desarrollan sus ideas de negocios y startups. Estos programas hemisféricos conectan el sector privado, inversionistas y los gobiernos que buscan apoyar las propuestas de negocios con innovaciones escalables en diferentes sectores.
Alianzas y Recursos: Trabajando a través de alianzas nacionales e internacionales que brindan apoyo financiero a programas e iniciativas de jóvenes emprendedores.
- YABT was founded
- YABT and OEA signed collaboration agreement
- YABT and State of Israel sealed alliance. YABT's first ally outside of America was concrete.
- YABT presented the first draft of Business Labs.
- The Business Labs were one of the four initiatives included in the Plan of Action for the Tenth Conference of the First Ladies of the Americas, held in Quito, Ecuador in 2001.
- The OAS, through FEMCIDI, granted first non-reimbursable financing for the execution of the Business Labs.
- First Leadership Liaison in Washington, DC was held and it created a network of organizations of young entrepreneurs and leaders in the Americas
- First Regional Workshops, Business Labs, were executed in Ecuador, led by experts from MASHAV / MCTC Israel.
- YABT became a strategic partner of the Global Development Learning Network (GDLN) of the World Bank. Since then, more than 30 global dialogues have been held in the continent.
- YABT and ICDF Taiwan established a partnership to support networks of young entrepreneurs. This being the second ally outside the Americas.
- Second Leadership Link took place in Cancun, Mexico. Local and regional organizations of young entrepreneurs signed collaboration agreements.
- YABT and Israel begun the execution of international courses in Haifa, Israel. Since then, each year they hold two international courses in Spanish and English.
- YABT and OAS announced the creation of the Youth Forum of the Americas, as a channel for youth participation in the Summit of the Americas process.
- The first Declaration of Youth was adopted in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on August 12 and on the occasion of International Youth Day.
- YABT and OEA launched the first edition of the Talent and Innovation Competition of the Americas (TIC Americas). The Finals were developed within the framework of the 37th Ordinary Period of Sessions of the OAS General Assembly in Panama.
- YABT presented for the first time the recommendations of youth in the plenary of the 37th General Assembly of the OAS in Panama.
- The Permanent Council of the OAS incorporated YABT as co-organizer of the OAS Youth Symposium. First youth meeting in the history of the Permanent Council.
- The 38th General Assembly of the OAS adopted the Declaration of Medellín "Youth and Democratic Values". YABT begun to set precedents by promoting youth issues in the inter-American agenda.
- YABT and OEA launched the NexLinks Project "Networks of Links for Young Entrepreneurs", with non-reimbursable financing from FEMCIDI-OAS.
- The OAS Member States recognized young people as Social Actors of the Summit of the Americas. Second Youth Forum of the Americas took place in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, as the first activity of the V Summit of the Americas.
- YABT and the PepsiCo company came together to create Eco-Reto, as a special category of sustainable innovation in TIC Americas. The first Finalists traveled to Lima, Peru, competing for the first Eco-Reto prize.
- The First OAS Youth Conference of the Americas took place in Washington, DC, following the mandates of the Declaration of Medellin of the 38th General Assembly. Subsequent editions of the Conference were held during the years 2013 and 2014, led by the Office of the Assistant Secretary General of the OAS.
- YABT supports Resolution 67/202 "Entrepreneurship for Development", adopted at the Sixty-seventh Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations, in New York City, United States of America. The Resolution had as its proponent the State of Israel, and was preceded by a panel of first level on the subject.
- YABT and the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá organized the First International Meeting on High Impact Entrepreneurship, with the presence of more than 200 delegates from 12 countries, and the support of UN Habitat.
- The IV Youth Forum of the Americas broke the record of youth participation in the Summit of the Americas process. The youth delivered Declaration of Commitment to Presidents of Costa Rica and Panama, which was elevated to the VII Summit of the Americas.
- YABT and the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá developed the Second International Meeting on High Impact Entrepreneurship, with the support of the IDB and Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- YABT co-leads the publication and panel "Young Entrepreneurs as Motors of Sustainable Growth", as part of the Annual Meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, held in Lima, Peru, in October. Since then, YABT has participated in the subsequent Annual and Spring Meetings.
- YABT developed the first NexLinks Mission "Exchange of Experiences on Entrepreneurship", visiting four cities in Mexico, with the support of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá.
- Young people exhibited for the first time in Plenary of the Summit of the Americas, presented summary of the Declaration of Commitment of the V Forum of Youth of the Americas in the presence of Presidents, Prime Ministers and Chancellors of the Americas.